Title: Night Support Worker - Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centre
Terms of employment: 6-month Term
Reports to: Program Supervisor Location: Millbrook, NS
The night support worker will report directly to the Program Supervisor. Will function as a team member to ensure that the activities and programs of the Mi’kmaw Family Healing Centre are carried out according to the values and standards of the Healing Centre. Using a holistic approach, she is to encourage and support Mi’kmaw families who experience family violence to develop and practice a peaceful and healthy lifestyle.
To ensure the Healing Centre provides a sense of security, confidentiality, safety and comfort for women and children. To admit women to the Healing Centre and do an orientation of the Family Healing Centre. To respond to calls from women who are in crisis. To complete all necessary forms and maintain records as required.
- Human Services diploma and or equivalent working experience in the Human Service Felid
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a busy highly confidential environment
- Excellent organizational, time-management, multi-tasking, communication skills written and verbal are essential
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Valid divers license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Preference given to Aboriginal People in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission
Classification and Salary Range: TE 5 (1) $29, 748.68 – TE 5 (5) $32, 759.48
Closing Date: 4:30 pm on Friday, September 14, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.